My kids love take-outs, especially hamburgers. I try my best to keep them away from fast food but you know kids! That’s why i’m giving you this recipes that will save the day!
8 sesame hamburger buns.
2 lb of ground sirloin or lean ground beef.
1 1/2 tbsp. of Montreal steak seasoning blend.
1 large yellow onion.
For the sauce you’ll need:
1/2 c of mayonnaise.
1 tbsp. catsup.
1 tbsp. of yellow mustard.
4 slice finely diced dill pickle.
1/4 tsp of paprika.
1-2 pinch of cayenne pepper (if you want to).
American and Swiss cheese slices.
Optional burger additions:
1/3 pkg of bacon bits.
1 tbsp. of minced garlic.
2-3 slice pickled jalapeno.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground sirloin or lean ground beef with Montreal steak seasoning and fold lightly.
- If you chose the hamburger additions, add minced garlic and bacon bits to the meat.
- On a stovetop or a grill, cook the burgers. Make sure you don’t fully cook the meat, the middle should be light pink. It will cook in the oven.
- Spread the sauce on the top and bottom of the burger buns, add a slice of american cheese on one side of bun and a slice of swiss cheese on the other side then place sirloin burger on bun and top with a slice of onion and Jalapeno (If you want to).
- In a preheated oven to 350 degrees, bake the burgers wrapped in foil for 12 to 15 minutes. Enough time for the cheese to melt.
This hamburger is rich of flavors, easy to make and it doesn’t take time to prepare. I usually serve it with a cold salad or pasta and veggies or even chips.